Before you Apple Watch wearers get too excited, there’s still not a WhatsApp Apple Watch app — Instead, Download WatchChat 2: for WhatsApp on your Apple Watch. It costs $2.99. That’s How to use WhatsApp on Apple Watch.
How to use WhatsApp on Apple Watch
There’s an UNOFFICIAL APP, called WatchChat 2 that an help you use WhatsApp on Apple Watch, no matter the version.
Meet Whatchat 2
Since 2017, WatchChat is the fastest and most reliable app that allows you to send and receive WhatsApp messages on your Apple Watch. To offer the widest range of features and up-to-date technology the app has been updated more than 60 times in the past 3 years and we will continue to do so.
How to Download
To download WhatsApp on Apple Watch, (not official) you can use the App Store on the Apple Watch itself. Or, open the Watch app on your paired iPhone → Tap on App Store → Discover Watch Apps on iPhone → Tap on Search tab → type WatchChat 2: for WhatsApp.
2. By default, this app will start showing on your Apple Watch. If not, inside the Watch app on iPhone, tap on My Watch tab from bottom left, scroll down to INSTALLED ON APPLE WATCH, tap on WatchChat and turn ON the toggle for Show App on Apple Watch.
3. Open WatchChat 2: for WhatsApp on your Apple Watch. You will see a QR code for the first time.
4. Open WhatsApp on iPhone → tap Settings → WhatsApp Web/Desktop. The camera will automatically launch.
5. Scan the QR code shown on the Apple Watch (Step 3).
That’s it. Your chats will be shown on your Apple Watch. Feel free to explore the app.
How to receive notifications from WhatsApp on Apple Watch
To do this, you’ll need to enable the notifications from your iPhone.
- Go to Settings, then Notifications, then WhatsApp
- From here, you want to ensure that Alerts to your Lock Screen are enabled.
- Then go into the Watch app on your iPhone
- Scroll down through the Mirror iPhone Alerts From the list, and ensure WhatsApp is toggled on.
Once you follow these steps, you’ll be able to see notifications from WhatsApp on your Apple Watch when you’re on the go. You’ll be able to read the message from your Watch. However, picture and video messages will be blurred — unfortunately, there’s no way to view these from your Watch without using a third-party app, but more on that below.
How to reply to WhatsApp on Apple Watch
When the notification pops up on your watch, you can reply using one of the suggested messages like ‘Hello’, ‘What’s Up?, ‘OK’, or ‘On my way’.
You can also use the watch’s built-in microphone to record a message and send it right back — useful if you have a lot to say.
Is WatchChat 2 safe to use?
WatchChat 2 fully respects the privacy of its users and does not collect any personal data.
WatchChat 2 does what it’s supposed to do and works as it should. It is especially useful that you do not have to take your iPhone out of your pocket to answer every WhatsApp notification on your Watch. In the absence of an official WhatsApp app, WatchChat 2 is an excellent alternative.